Saturday 20 October 2012

Room 1; process of composition


Everything big starts somewhere small and with that in mind here's my first and second rough of the first room. I started with a whole bunch of crazy fast thumbnails just trying to get the layout right for everything I wanted the first puzzle to achieve then moved away from my marker to the tablet to put together something a bit more visual.

My first design here is very straight forward but I have a feeling the project is about to take a creative turn.

To build these roughs of game levels I built a digital 'scrapbook' of art assets that I could quickly copy and paste to make various level designs, cliffs, clouds etc. This saved me drawing hundreds of level designs just to tweak small things and sped up my level composition.

SAM.







No comments:

Post a Comment