Tuesday 30 October 2012

The art team.


Tuesday!

Today has been fantastic and the game has really come together, I'll elaborate.

Today after a few leviathan team meetings the team all undertook individual roles, the team was picked with specific jobs in mind and there work has been fantastic. I while involved with every aspect of the games design and look have taken a more directorial position. Max is drawing the game backrounds and deborah is animating the characters.

Most of today I was redrawing the characters as individual pieces to put together and animate in toon boom. Toon boom gives a great cut out puppet effect animation that was exactly what I was looking for although I began animating using photoshop and then debs freehanded it. lots of experimenting to get the proper look.

The game Is now moving forward at a great pace and After a few sprites and backrounds are done I'll move on to game maker which will give a nice system of three.

Also today the game underwent yet another large iteration plotwise and puzzle wise that has really changed gameplay for the better, this is largely due to the team being able to build designs I would have found difficult and time consuming. Im now going to write out a full walk-through of the puzzles and what art pieces will need to be made then onwards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment