Sunday 4 November 2012

Animation style.



Animation.



The character sprites are coming along nicely. Originally I wanted the characters to have a very realistic puppet movement with the individual sections of the characters being drawn on separate layers in Toon Boom then animated by rotating and moving the individual parts. This is the closest I could get to building a puppet in 2D.

After looking at the test animations done by the always wonderful debs I found that this style of animation was very boring and difficult to exaggerate, the characters stood out far too much from the background losing the overall effect I wanted. I deserted this flat animation style and will now animate the motions in individual drawn frames. deb will do the animations as roughs and I will draw the character out frame by frame over the top. This should preserve the free flowing style I want. The character will bend and move in ways his joints may not allow although hand drawn animation can bend these rules of physics.

Sam.

(For more of debs animation work look here)

No comments:

Post a Comment