Friday 30 November 2012

Promotional Images roughs.



5 promotional images.

I have to produce five promotional images for Leviathan. These images need to advertise the game

I started off with some thumbnail drawings to get down some initial ideas, these lacked style and were more for composition.

I then looked at game promotional art that I was especially drawn to regarding styles I thought would be appropriate for my own work. I love the highly textured art of the legend of Zelda and hope to incorporate this.
The use of negative space in unfinished swan is very interesting but is so heavily stylised and popular these days that I don't think it would match the game. I have always been in the mind that ethical choice is not a black and white subject so I also think on an visual level it lends the wrong connotations to the game.

 I wanted to put more of my worlds story in like the in game poster art used within fable and dishonoured. These games often advertised items of the game within the game which really helped build the world up for the player such as advertising health potions and equipment around levels as posters and such.

The use of red white and black in the recent batman series was a real inspiration too but its highly rendered digital art was something I wanted to steer away from.




Next I worked on some refined roughs out of my thumbnails looking very basically at colour and really getting down what the promotional image will feature. No text so far, or stylistic choice, usually I cobble together style a lot faster but I wanted all the promotional material to have the same look and while obviously suitable for the game, something a little different, here's an example below.
Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment