Monday 18 February 2013

Production. week 1


Week 1 of Production.


Week one of production has began. My soundtrack has been sorted out and I'm lucky enough to have the very talented Jason savory working on it. I've seen his previous work and I'm very excited to see what he creates from the inspirations I've sent him.

I have turned my hand to programming doing some bits on construct but I'm looking to hire a programmer. I want the game to be the best it can be and im just not the programmer for this, I come from an art background and I would much prefer to outsource as much programming as I can to someone talented in that field.


I took to the whiteboard once more with Deborah Price my animator and started working on how the ethical system within the game will actually work getting down to the gritty details. How does the game measure what the player does? when does it change the scenery to show the players actions on the world? what exactly are the choices the players can make?



Above are the notes from that day. These outline how my ethical system will work within the game and how the system will be set up to record the players actions and respond appropriately.

Work on the background art has began and I'm excited to post that up soon, me and my background artist Max Perkins worked together on it today discussing different styles for the game. I have decided to have a layer of detailed backdrop mostly to communicate story and then layers going into the distance almost entirely in silhouette to give this larger fake world feel to the game giving it the desired aesthetic look. I'll go into this in a later blog once we've tested the looks a bit more.



I have also got prints back of my final poster designs which I handed round at my last presentation some of these are designs I've shown before but one in particular is four simple colour posters I'm using to represent the characters. These four images can stand alone or be viewed together as a set and were designed to be striking at a distance.





Sam.


















No comments:

Post a Comment