Tuesday 30 April 2013

Daily blog: Tuesday 30th April.




My deadline is the 16th of May. The very not so distant future. Today was a really exciting day but before I go into what individually happened let me just recap the team.

Sam Coleman- designer,graphics,programming,writer   Game design course
Dan Parsons- programming.     Game design course
Deborah Price- animation.  Animation course
Max Perkins- graphics.         Animation course
Gareth Jones- writing.      Creative writing course
Jason Savory- music.        Creative sound and music course

I either contacted or worked right next to all of the team today. I started the day by purchasing the full version of construct2. The personal version allows me to actually build the full version of the game as with the free version the software had limitations that meant I simply could not build the full version.

I had a meeting with Jason savory, the composer for leviathan, we worked together literally sharing one pair of head phones and spent several hours looking through sound effects and splicing different pieces of individual sounds with other pieces to get the right effect, Jason tweaked the sounds and we worked out the timings for certain noises to stop and start by measuring the time in the game with a stopwatch. Jason also put together a fantastic title track that I'm really pleased with, he's done a great job and all that's required is for me to deliver a precise list of sound effects and music cut up for the final areas they are required within game.

After the very successful sound meeting I contacted dan regarding some programming problems I've encountered and prepared some of the in game speech to be looked over by Gareth from the creative writing course.

With this organised I started work on the bulk of the programming, with the new construct version I could finally implement the new devil wing animation that Deborah created along with Max's background art assets and my own speech system. This was all just for room one and really fleshed it out. There were a few programming errors that were ironed out during the evening and still a problem getting the devil fly animation quite right but over all the games really taken shape today.

I'm eager to get the other rooms attached and working so there is a full game run through ready for programming and assets. The conversation choices also need some more work.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment